Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Little Things... Literally (The White Rock Saga Part One)

 For those of you who missed the announcement last summer we are now living in our first home. We took on home ownership last year but haven't had the opportunity yet to do any special projects we've been dreaming of. Whether it be budget, time or the never ending winter of Quebec the occasion had never presented itself.

With the sun boldly shining this weekend it was time to get down to work. Hubster took on power washing the outside and roof of the solarium. He also checked the gutters for all of the lovely gook that likes to try and live there. When he cleaned out underneath of the solarium he found some lovely pots we'll reuse this summer.


But I, I had to get something off my chest. I've been having a secret war with the little white rocks the previous owner used to decorate certain spaces in the backyard. They seem innocent enough but once you start raking leaves or shoveling snow they decide to jump about and hide throughout the lawn. Not cool rocks, not cool. So I was on a mission this weekend. Dig them all out, sift the dirt and restore the area to it's natural self.

It feels good to have this completed. So good in fact that I'm enjoying some pita pizza with a delicious glass of wine to celebrate. Success is mine!

If you don't like scary stories please do not read any further.  (cue scary monster music)


Despite my best efforts this was only one battle in a war. Two lengths of our home are also harboring these foul invaders. *sigh* I await my battle command from Hubster before launching my second line of attack. 

And so the saga will continue...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Feedback is always welcome.